This article is about the device. For other uses, check your notes. Or just go to The Flux Agitator.
One of Riff's earliest, and greatest, inventions, the Dimensional Flux Agitator was originally conceived in a plot by Riff to rid himself and Torg of Bun-bun. According to Riff, the DFA "opens rifts in random reality paths." This transports the target through that rift, and into an alternate reality. Plans for the DFA have a habit of falling apart rather quickly, however, resulting in several great adventures over the years. It is fairly complex and apparently it runs on a nuclear fuel source. Dr. Schlock stole the designs in the chapter Aylee and Hereti-Corp has produced a working DFA and auto-return remote.
- First appearance, kicking off The Sci-fi Adventure
- Later it sends Torg to the Dimension of Pain and it pulled a Portuguese version of Torg from a random dimension
- It was also used to go to the Dimension of Sham-Pain in attempted rescue mission for Torg, and when this failed Riff started pulling other Torgs out of random dimensions
- Most recently the DFA was used as an escape device, and it sent Riff and Zoë to the Dimension of Rain, trapping them there
- There is an alternate version of Riff's DFA in the Dimension of Lame. It works far better than Riff-prime's variant, having a built-in auto-return feature and a log of what dimensions it had recently accessed.
- Another version of this device appears in the Dimension of Rain, in that dimension it is weaponized, with a large DFA cannon sitting atop of the Central Tower. This was used to flux out the rest of the world. The various security devices and REA squads all have miniature DFAs and DFAs are presumably found at the bottom of 4U City's judgment chutes.